Spend a day in the biggest koala sanctuary in the world! Meet a large variety of Australian wildlife.
Duration: 8 hours
Scenic Drive through Byron Bay
Visit Cape Byron and see dramatic cliffs tumbling down to the ocean surge. The full-day coach tour departs from Gold Coast city early in the morning and heads south through popular beachside suburbs.
See endless stretches of pristine beaches, lush rainforests, and a diverse mix of people as you drive across the Queensland border into New South Wales and through the sugar cane country of the Tweed Valley.
Your ultimate destination is the easternmost point of mainland Australia, marked by the Victorian-era lighthouse high on the crest of Cape Byron. Standing on a bald rocky headland, with a precipitous cliff to the east, and a sheer drop of approximately 330 feet (100 metres), Cape Byron Lighthouse is one of the most powerful lighthouses, and the most easterly, in Australia.
Byron Bay town dates back to 1770, when James Cook found safe anchor and established a settlement. By the late 19th century a colony had become established, attracting writers and philosophers.
The friendly village atmosphere provides a taste sensation of rural Australia. Soak up the laid back lifestyle. Stop at Tropical Fruit World to explore the world’s largest selection of tropical fruits and discover chocolate fruit, red dragonfruit, and waterberries.
Enjoy lunch at leisure on your own, indulge in some retail therapy, or simply sink your toes in the sand at one of Byron Bay’s beautiful beaches.
- Enjoy a drive through the beachside retreats of New South Wales and southern Queensland.
- Visit the easternmost point of mainland Australia.
- Drive through the Tweed Valley, passing sugar cane plantations.
- Taste tropical fruits, such as chocolate fruit and dragonfruit, at Tropical Fruit World
- See one of Australia’s last, and most powerful, Victorian lighthouses at Cape Byron.
- Tour the protected rainforest of Cape Byron Headland Reserve